The Benefits of 5-axis machining:
- Reduced machining time: By using a flat bottom endmill and maintaining perpendicularity to the complex surface you can step-over the full diameter of the cutter thereby dramatically reducing the required number of passes across a surface. The same principle applies to sidemilling of angled surfaces.
- Better surface finish: Using a flat bottom endmill to maintain perpendicularity to the complex surface can eliminate ribbing caused by ball-nose endmills.
- Eliminate multiple setups required to re-position the work-piece at complex angles.
- Eliminate costly tooling and fixtures required to hold the work-piece in place.
- Eliminate manual millwork and handwork required to cleanup kellered surfaces.
- Machine complex parts that are not otherwise possible, including holes required to be normal to a complex surface.
- Fewer competitors: Higher profit margins.
Tri-Tech Precision Products Inc. sells a unique milling head that quickly attaches to virtually any 3-axis machining center allowing the spindle to be positioned at any angle within a hemisphere, instantly converting the machine to a fully programmable 5-axis machining center. Following are several alternatives to achieve 5-axis machining capability.
For more information and pricing, Contact Us!